Viridiana is a Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Texas. Viridiana received her masters in education from the University of Texas at El Paso in guidance and counseling. She has experience working in an acute psychiatric hospital specifically with children and adolescent population. Viridiana has been trained in Child Centered Play Therapy and focuses her practice on preschool children. She uses her experience to help families heal and grow. Viridiana also works with adult populations dealing with depression, anxiety & trauma. She derives her approaches from client centered and gestalt theories. She sees clients as holistic beings that may find themselves with incongruities in their mind, body and/or spirit. She uses techniques to help awareness grow and create consistency between the incongruence and conscious choice.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- B.A. in psychology, New Mexico State University
- M.Ed. in guidance and counseling, University of Texas at El Paso
- Currently pursuing credentialing for Play Therapy with the national professional society of the Association of Play Therapy (APT).
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Association for Play Therapy (APT)
- Texas Counseling Association (TCA)